For 10 exhilarating days every July, it's a citywide celebration of true western hospitality and rousing fun! The high steppin' two hour Stampede Parade kicks off to the streets with a burst of energy, colour and music.
Every afternoon the best cowboys and cowgirls saddle up for ground shaking Rodeo action. And every evening, nine heart-stopping Chuckwagon Races thunder around the track in an all out dash to the finish line. The evening ends with the Grandstand Stage Show - 90 minutes of nonstop musical entertainment building up to a fantastic Fireworks finale!
Don your western duds, saddle up and join in for Stampede breakfasts in the streets, square dancing, parades, the fun of the midway, great exhibits, a spectacular Grandstand show, fireworks and of course, heapin helpings of Western hospitality.
Day 1: Arrive Calgary Upon arrival into Calgary, please make your own way to your accommodation. The remainder of the day is free to explore Calgary at your leisure.
Day 2: Afternoon Rodeo This morning is at leisure to enjoy the entertainment at Stampede Park before settling in for an afternoon of excitement with the Rodeo event commencing at 1:30 pm.
This afternoon Rodeo features:
- Ladies Barrel Racing
- Saddle Bronc Riding
- Trick Riders
- Calf Roping
- Bull Riding
- Hoop Dancers
- Wild Horse Racing
- Bareback Bronc Riding
- Steer Wrestling
The remainder of the afternoon and evening are free to continue exploring Stampede Park.
Day 3: Evening Chuckwagon Race and Stage Show Today is at leisure to enjoy the Calgary Stampede. This evening check out the energy of Chuckwagon racing, one of the world's most spectacular sports, which has a history as old and as colourful as the West itself. There are many legends surrounding the origin of these exciting races, but one seems to have surfaced as the most popular. Years ago, the only home a range cowboy knew was a chuckwagon sitting still on the prairie. Each evening, the hard working cowboys would gather around their wagon for a hearty meal and swap stories near the campfire before bedding down under a blanket of stars. At weeks end, the cowboys would hurriedly pack up their chuckwagon and race each other to town - the last driver, as legend has it, was obligated to buy the first round of drinks at the town saloon.
After the Chuckwagon Races enjoy the evening Grandstand Show. This world class entertainment features The Young Canadians as well as headliner acts which are sure to excite and entertain. To close the evening's entertainment, TransAlta lights up the night with a world class fireworks display. A perfect ending to an evening filled with thrills and excitement.
Day 4: Calgary Checkout of your hotel
• 3 nights in your selected category of accommodation • 2 days admission to Stampede Park • Reserved Seating for one afternoon Rodeo Event • Reserved Seating for one evening at the Chuckwagon Races & Grandstand Show • Souvenir programme for both events • 2 x Westjet Sky Ride tickets • Calgary Stampede Cowboy Hat • Stampede tote bag • 20% discount at the Stampede Store • 20% discount at all Lammie's (western apparel) locations in Alberta
- Above inclusions are per person
Pricing (per person) $AUD
6 Jul - 14 Jul
6 Jul - 14 Jul
Booking conditions • Additional nights and Calgary Stampede tickets are available.
• Ask your Travel Agent or World Journeys for Triple and Child rates.
• Additional nights and Calgary Stampede tickets are available. • Ask your Travel Agent or World Journeys for Triple and Child rates.
Not included • Airport transfers
• Transfers to and from the Stampede grounds
• Travel insurance
• Items of a personal nature
• Airport transfers • Transfers to and from the Stampede grounds • Meals • Travel insurance • Items of a personal nature