Tutka Bay Lodge
Tutka Bay Lodge sits amidst rugged coastlines, deep fjords, dramatic mountains, quiet beaches, and old growth Sitka spruce forests. Situated on a ten acre property with a main lodge, six private guest accommodations, a sauna, hot tub, and boat house - all connected by a boardwalk, it is the perfect place for an exclusive Alaska experience.
The lodge features the ideal mix of adventure and relaxation. Adventure activities at Tutka Bay include deep sea fishing for salmon and halibut, freshwater fishing, ocean kayaking, and hiking. In addition to the adventure activities, the lodge offers complimentary massage, yoga and award winning cuisine. Afternoon wine tastings and cooking classes add to the relaxation and rejuvenation.
Day 1: Anchorage > Tutka Bay Lodge (L, D) This morning make your own way to the airport for a scenic 40 minute flight along the Kenai Coast to Homer. Upon arrival transfer by water taxi to Tutka Bay Lodge. Check in with your hosts for a brief orientation to the activities and facilities at the lodge, and then plan your day with your guide.
Guided activities include: Sea kayaking, local sport fishing, beach combing and tidal-pool exploration, coastal touring by boat, nature trail hiking through old growth forests, hiking in the Kachemak Bay State Park Trail System, birding and wildlife viewing. Use of sauna and hot tub, morning yoga classes, one complimentary massage, cooking classes, wine tasting, paddle boards, dock fishing.
Day 2: Tutka Bay Lodge (B, L, D) Today is yours to choose from either a Deep Sea Fishing Excursion in search of saltwater fish such as halibut, cod and salmon, a Bear Viewing Excursion into the famed Katmai area, or a Heli-flightseeing / Heli-hiking excursion.
Day 3: Tutka Bay Lodge > Anchorage (B) After breakfast, catch the water taxi back to Homer and fly back to Anchorage.
• 2 nights accommodation at Tutka Bay Lodge • 2 breakfasts, 2 lunches, 2 dinners • A choice of either bear viewing or deep sea fishing (minimum 2 people), heli-flight seeing or heli-hiking (minimum 4 people) • Water taxi to Homer, Alaska from Tutka Bay Lodge • Ground transportation in Homer • Return Flights Anchorage > Homer • Massage (one per person) • yoga and cooking classes at the lodge • All activities are guided • Staff gratuities
Pricing (per person) $AUD
Departs 2019 Departures
15 May - 28 Sep
2019 Departures Daily 15 May - 28 Sep
Booking conditions • It is recommended that you book a minimum of 1 night pre tour and 1 night post tour in Anchorage
• 50% non-refundable deposit due prior to booking
• Full payment required 100 prior to departure
• Check-in baggage allowance is limited to 22 kg per person
• It is recommended that you book a minimum of 1 night pre tour and 1 night post tour in Anchorage • 50% non-refundable deposit due prior to booking • Full payment required 100 prior to departure • Check-in baggage allowance is limited to 22 kg per person
Not included • Alcoholic beverages
• Fish processing or packaging (additional cost)
• Fishing licenses (purchased at lodge)
• Alcoholic beverages • Fish processing or packaging (additional cost) • Fishing licenses (purchased at lodge)