Clayoquot Wilderness Resort
Clayoquot Wilderness Resort promises an exotic paradox of indulgent luxury and remote, untamed wilderness. Located in the Clayoquot Sound Biosphere Reserve, the 21st-century-safari-style enclave of great white canvas suite tents, dining, lounge, and spa tents, as well as exquisite cuisine and breathtaking adventures offers visitors a taste of how the fortunate spent their summers 'roughing it' some 100 years ago. Twenty guest and family suite tents showcase antique furnishings, opulent rugs, down duvets, remote-controlled propane powered wood stoves and luxurious amenities.
The resort employs local men and women, and through education-based conservation and recreational offerings, contributes to the global understanding of the Clayoquot Sound Biosphere Reserve Area - a UNESCO-designated reserve. Ideal for the equestrian, angler, kayak er, canoeist, hiker, cyclist, wildlife enthusiast or anyone looking for a break - and a trip of a lifetime!
Canadian Signature Experience The Canadian Signature Experiences are once-in-a-lifetime travel experiences. They are offered by Canadians who are passionate to share their part of the country with you.
Day 1: Vancouver > Clayoquot Wilderness Resort Depart Vancouver mid afternoon by float-plane for a thrilling 55 minute sea-plane flight across Strathcona Provincial park to a very special retreat - the Outpost at Bedwell River (known as Clayoquot Wilderness Resort).
Upon arrival you will be shown to your luxurious and spacious safari style tented accommodation. These luxury tents have an en-suite bathroom with flush lavatory and shower. By design there is no in-room television or telephone, but the resort's wireless and high-speed satellite internet and cellular phone systems keep guests in touch. The excellence of the meals is hard to describe, except to say that all meals, which feature only local produce and natural ingredients, are memorable in their own right.
During the evening you will have a chance for an in depth conversation with your hosts about just what activities, adventures and spa treatments you would like to experience during your stay. This is an absolutely personalized service where you write your own agenda with expert guides and tuition on hand, whether you wish to go trail riding on horses, mountain biking in the wilderness, kayaking, bear and whale watching, fly or deep sea fishing or even snorkeling with the salmon.
Days 2 - 3: Clayoquot Wilderness Resort Clayoquot Sound Biosphere Reserve is a fragile and breathtaking temperate rain forest surrounded by calming rivers and wild coastal beaches
The resort spa provides a variety of relaxing services, including hot stone massages and outdoor hot tubs that overlook the pristine wilderness.
Daily wilderness activities are highly personalized and customized based on each guest's experience level, willingness and desires. This means no "signing up" for particular activities in advance and the ability to choose what you want to do each day. Every evening the Activities Directors will sit with you personally and design your adventures for the next day, depending on weather, tidal charts, wildlife sightings and your willingness to go wild! As Clayoquot specializes in remote experiences, guests may choose to be taken to a pristine and secluded beach to learn how to surf, have a First Nations guide escort them on a day long hike to the "Wild Side" interpretive trail and Flores Island, be taken on a mountain fed, rushing river in a kayak, or experience a gentler ocean kayak cruise to private inlets and hidden coves.
Horsemanship and riding are signatures of the resort, with a range of talented horses for the beginner to the expert rider. You can also go clay pigeon or target shooting. Wildlife viewing is also part of daily life, whether guests go in search of black bears and whales or see the wildlife on the outskirts of camp, kept there by a team of well trained and well loved dogs.
Day 4: Clayoquot Wilderness Resort > Vancouver After another full day at the Resort it is time to say good-bye with a late-afternoon departure flight by float plane back to Vancouver.
• 3 nights deluxe or en suite Luxury Tent accommodation • Evening turn down service and room amenities • All gourmet meals and snacks • All beverages (house bar, wine and beer) • Guided and unguided activities include: kayaking, horseback riding, mountain biking, wildlife viewing (whales, eagles, bears), canopy viewing platform, archery & rock climbing, Wild Side First Nations Interpretive Trail trek, surfing, paintball, stand-up paddle boarding, yoga classes, fitness room, salt and fresh water fishing, meditation, canoeing, trail running, and wilderness survival skills workshops. • Gratuities • 1/2 Day Salt and Fresh Water Fishing (minimum 2 guests per boat) • 1 hour massage
Pricing (per person) $AUD
Departs 2019 Departures
16 May - 12 Sep
2019 Departures Thursday 16 May - 12 Sep
Booking conditions • A 50% non-refundable deposit required at time of booking
• Full payment required 100 days prior to departure
• Baggage allowance is 18 kilos per person for float plane
• Ask your Travel Agent or World Journeys for details on 5 or 8 day packages
• A 50% non-refundable deposit required at time of booking • Full payment required 100 days prior to departure • Baggage allowance is 18 kilos per person for float plane • Ask your Travel Agent or World Journeys for details on 5 or 8 day packages
Not included • Fuel surcharges
• Fuel surcharges