Three Arctic Islands: Spitsbergen, Greenland & Iceland - Southbound
• Experience one of National Geographic Traveler's 50 Tours of a Lifetime • Marvel at the glaciers and wildlife of Spitsbergen and East Greenland • Hike the tundra and explore a remote fjord-strewn coast of East Greenland • Cruise in a Zodiac to explore diverse landscapes • Immerse yourself in the icy realm of the Arctic with optional kayaking adventures
Variety is the spice of the Three Arctic Islands: Spitsbergen, Greenland, and Iceland adventure, named one of National Geographic Traveler's 50 Tours of a Lifetime. Check three different Arctic regions off your list, heading above the Arctic Circle to Spitsbergen, in the Svalbard archipelago, to remote East Greenland and ending in Iceland. The towering cliffs, iconic wildlife, massive glaciers and swaths of untouched tundra of these three Arctic tours de force never cease to impress.
The Arctic has been inspiring explorers for centuries, and our expeditions offer the chance for you to discover why. We're excited to host you on your unforgettable adventure! Feel free to reach out to our team of Polar Travel Advisers or your travel professional, who can answer your questions and provide assistance at any time.
World Explorer The newest addition to the Quark Expeditions Arctic fleet, polar powerhouse World Explorer - our first all-suites, all-balcony ice-class ship - lets you discover everything the Arctic has to offer, with the type of service available only at premium hotels. World Explorer also delivers plenty of areas, both inside and out, to witness the incredible arctic wildlife or simply watch the world go by, including a spacious observation deck for taking in sights outdoors, an observation lounge with panoramic skyline views, a library for intimate relaxing and reading, and the Explorer Lounge for a drink and a chat. Presentations and discussions are held in a dedicated lecture theater. Health and wellness facilities feature an outdoor running track, small gym and spa, plus a heated outdoor swimming pool. With its new and environmentally sustainable hybrid technology and state of-the-art Rolls-Royce engines and generators, the ship also boasts reduced fuel consumption and CO2 emissions.
Ocean Adventurer Our popular ship Sea Adventurer has been relaunched as Ocean Adventurer after a multimillion-dollar renovation. A team of marine architects, engineers, interior designers and polar expedition specialists worked together to enhance this nimble and intimate fleet favorite. Upgrades include a refreshed look and feel throughout, plus the complete remodeling of the lounge, dining room and bar. All cabins received new linens and bathroom updates. Six new deluxe cabins as well as three new suites have also been added. Major technical enhancements include two new Rolls-Royce engines, which yield increased speed and fuel efficiency, and a minimized carbon footprint.
Day 1: Arrive in Oslo, Norway Your arctic adventure begins in Oslo, where you may arrive at any time during Day 1 of your itinerary. Upon arriving in this splendid capital city, known for its green spaces and museums, you will check into your included airport hotel.
Day 2: Embarkation day in Longyearbyen, Svalbard After breakfast, the group will transfer to the airport and board our private charter flight to Longyearbyen, Spitsbergen's largest settlement. As you embark this afternoon, you'll enjoy great views of the mountainous landscape that serves as a backdrop for this seaside town.
Day 3 to Day 6: Exploring Spitsbergen, Svalbard Exploring Spitsbergen, the largest island of the Norwegian Svalbard archipelago, rewards you with abundant wildlife and austere beauty. Here, you'll visit spectacular glacier fronts and steep walled fjords, with walrus, polar bears and Svalbard reindeer amongst your possible wildlife sightings. Birders will be thrilled to see arctic terns, skuas, long tailed ducks, kittiwakes and ivory gulls. If conditions allow, you could sail within 10 degrees of the North Pole!
Day 7 and Day 8: At Sea While sailing south through the Greenland Sea, your Expedition Team will teach you about the wildlife and history of Greenland, your next stop. On deck, you'll learn to identify seabirds on the wing. Take in a lecture, share your photos, sip an icy cocktail in the bar or watch a movie"”there are many things to do during your time at sea.
Day 9 to Day 12 Exploring East Greenland During your tour of Greenland's remote eastern coast, you'll enjoy Zodiac cruises and shore visits to several locations. Explore the remains of ancient Thule settlements and keep an eye out for grazing muskoxen"”40 percent of the world's muskoxen population lives here. Finally, you will sail through spectacular Scoresbysund, the birthplace of many icebergs and, some say, the most beautiful fjord system in the world.
Day 13 and Day 14: At Sea As we cruise south, the Denmark Strait is your pathway toward Iceland. Your Expedition Team will keep you informed and entertained with presentations about the history of exploration in the Arctic and the seabirds you'll see soaring above your ship.
Day 15: Depart Reykjavik, Iceland You'll disembark in Reykjavik, Iceland's capital, at the end of your journey. If you have booked post-expedition accommodation, we provide a transfer to a central downtown location.
Important Reminder Embracing the unexpected is part of the legacy-and excitement-of expedition travel. When traveling in extremely remote regions, your expedition staff must allow the sea, the ice and the weather to guide route and itinerary details. This itinerary is a tentative outline of what you'll experience on this voyage; please be aware that no specific itinerary can be guarantee.
• Shipboard accommodation with daily housekeeping • All meals, snacks, soft drinks and juices on board • Beer and house wine during dinner • All shore landings per the daily programme • Leadership throughout the voyage by our experienced Expedition Leader • All Zodiac transfers and cruising per the daily programme • Formal and informal presentations by our Expedition Team and special guests as scheduled • Photographic journal documenting the expedition • Waterproof expedition boots on loan for shore landings • Official Quark ExpeditionsÂ® parka to keep • Coffee, tea and cocoa available around the clock • Complimentary reusable water bottle • Hair dryer and bathrobe in every cabin • Comprehensive onboard materials, including a map and an informative Arctic Reader • All miscellaneous service taxes and port charges throughout the programme • All luggage handling aboard the ship • Emergency evacuation insurance to a maximum benefit of US$500,000 per person • Transfer from Longyearbyen town center to port on embarkation day • Group transfer to downtown Reykjavik on disembarkation day • Greenland voyages cruise passenger tax
Mandatory Transfer Package Includes: • one night's pre expedition hotel night at Oslo airport hotel • Charter flight from Oslo to Longyearbyen • Arrival transfer in Longyearbyen
Pricing (per person) $USD
Departs 2020 Departures
2020 Departures Sep 17
Booking conditions • Baggage allowance on charter flight is 44 lbs (20 kg) checked and 11 lbs (5 kg) carry-on.
• Triple Share cabins on request.
• Single cabin prices available on request. Please note that if you are a solo traveller taking advantage of the 'Request Share' program, not all cabins apply.
• Please contact World Journeys for the updated US exchange rate.
• Baggage allowance on charter flight is 44 lbs (20 kg) checked and 11 lbs (5 kg) carry-on. • Triple Share cabins on request. • Single cabin prices available on request. Please note that if you are a solo traveller taking advantage of the 'Request Share' program, not all cabins apply. • Please contact World Journeys for the updated US exchange rate.
Not included • Mandatory Transfer Package
• International airfare
• Arrival transfer in Oslo
• Airport transfer in Reykjavik
• Passport and visa expenses
• Government arrival and departure taxes not mentioned above
• Meals ashore unless otherwise specified
•Baggage, cancellation, interruption and medical travel insurance"”strongly recommended
• Excess-baggage fees on international flights
• Mandatory waterproof pants for Zodiac cruising, or any other gear not mentioned
• Laundry, bar, beverage and other personal charges unless specified
• Phone and Internet charges
• Voluntary gratuity at the end of the voyage for shipboard staff and crew
• Additional overnight accommodation
• Any Adventure Option
• Mandatory Transfer Package • International airfare • Arrival transfer in Oslo • Airport transfer in Reykjavik • Passport and visa expenses • Government arrival and departure taxes not mentioned above • Meals ashore unless otherwise specified •Baggage, cancellation, interruption and medical travel insurance"”strongly recommended • Excess-baggage fees on international flights • Mandatory waterproof pants for Zodiac cruising, or any other gear not mentioned • Laundry, bar, beverage and other personal charges unless specified • Phone and Internet charges • Voluntary gratuity at the end of the voyage for shipboard staff and crew • Additional overnight accommodation • Any Adventure Option
Gratuity • Gratuities are voluntary and can be given at the end of your cruise. We recommend that you budget US$10 to US$15 per person per day, if you are pleased with the service on board
• Gratuities are voluntary and can be given at the end of your cruise. We recommend that you budget US$10 to US$15 per person per day, if you are pleased with the service on board
Save up to 25% with Early Booking
Book and deposit by June 15 2020 to save 15% on the following 2021 departures of Three Arctic Islands, plus receive an additional 10% savings if paid in full by June 15, 2020.
Northbound, Ocean Adventurer (Enquire): September 4, 2021 Southbound, Ocean Adventurer: September 17, 2021
Terms & Conditions
Offer is only combinable with Consecutive Voyage Savings, Shackleton Club, past passenger offers and valid Gift Cards. Applies to voyage full fare only; cabins limited. Not applicable to Transfer Package, Adventure Options, additional hotel accommodation, pre/post tours, insurance, flights, or group bookings. Quark Expeditions has the right to limit, change or discontinue promotion at any time without notice. Excludes triple cabins. No cash value. Bookings made after the promotion period will not qualify for the savings. Cancel and re-books do not qualify. Enquire for further T&Cs.