South Africa Spectacular
• Cape Town • Kruger National Park
This stunning itinerary combines the very best of sophisticated Cape Town, with a spectacular safari in world renowned Kruger National Park. Stay four nights at a boutique hotel in Cape Town and then be immersed into the pristine wilderness of the Kruger National Park with four nights, twice-daily safaris, delicious cuisine, wines and sundowner cocktails.
Day 1: Cape Town Personal 'meet and greet' upon arrival and transfer to hotel. Spend four nights at the More Quarters boutique hotel. The More Quarters Hotel beautifully combines the benefits of a hotel with the independence of a luxury apartment. It is conveniently located amidst the popular restaurants, cafés and shops of Kloof Street - an area often referred to as the 'heart of Cape Town' by the locals.
Days 2 to 4: Cape Town Complimentary transfers between the hotel and Victoria & Alfred Waterfront and time at leisure for your sightseeing. Optional tours can be added on request. Suggested excursions could include day trips into the Cape Winelands, visiting the Penguin colony at Boulders beach and the Cape Point Peninsula or visit the historic Robben Island and explore where Nelson Mandela was incarcerated for so long.
Day 5: Cape Town > Kruger National Park Transfer to the airport for your flight to Kruger. You are met on arrival and transferred to Sabi Sands Private Game Reserve. Spend four nights at Lion Sands Tinga Lodge with all meals and safari activities included. The lodge offers a sophisticated safari experience in nine waterside havens, capturing the romance of the pioneer era, in considerably more comfort. The lodge's exclusive accommodations are set apart on a high bank up from the Sabie River. Your Suite feels definitely private with its own plunge pool and deck overlooking the water, and makes the most of a view that often sees wildlife passing through. From the Suites, elevated wooden pathways lead off to a spa sala and the main lodge "“ with its bar lounge, library, poolside and boma offering spaces to share good company or spend some quiet moments on your own.
Day 6 to 8: Kruger National Park Daily game drives with expert trackers and rangers will open your eyes to the wonders of the African bush, and the myriad of fascinating wildlife that inhabit it. The 5000 ha reserve is a habitat that is home to the highest and most diverse concentration of wildlife in the southern hemisphere. You will see all of Africa's iconic species - lion leopard, rhino, elephant, buffalo, giraffe, hippo, and zebra - along with no less than 137 mammal species and over 450 varieties of bird.
Being entirely private, Lion Sands offers you an intimate safari experience. With only six guests to a game viewer and exclusive traversing on our reserve, you'll have minimal encounters with other people. Though compelling sightings do attract more attention, the number of vehicles here is also limited. This ensures the animals aren't put under stress and you are able to spend more time with them, observing their natural behaviour. While you are out exploring, you will by no means be roughing it. Your game viewer has cushioned bucket seats, waterproof device holders, blankets and ponchos - and stops off in a scenic spot for drinks and snacks.
Day 9: Kruger National Park After breakfast, you will be transferred by road to Skukuza Airport for your onwards flights.
• Tailor-made journey • 8 nights' accommodation • Private transfers and transport • Scheduled domestic flight Cape Town > Skukuza Airport • 8 breakfasts, 4 lunches, 4 dinners • Cape Town includes: breakfast daily, free wi-fi and complimentary scheduled transfers to and from the V&A Waterfront • Lion Sands is fully inclusive with three meals per day, teas/coffees, mini bar in room (all soft drinks, selection of beers, spirits and house wines), selected snacks, two game drives daily with FGASA qualified ranger and tracker, game drive refreshment and snacks, bush walks, hippo tour, astronomy, wildlife lectures, bush breakfast, picnic lunches, bush dinners and Henna Pre-school visit (Lion Sands community project) • Entrances and National Park fees
Pricing (per person) $AUD
Departs Daily year round
Daily year round
Booking conditions • Departures depend on a minimum of 2 adults travelling together
• The single price is not available when travelling alone (there must be a minimum of 2 people travelling with the single traveller)
• A flight between Cape Town > Skukuza is required on Day 5 of this itinerary and can be quoted at the time of booking
• You can fly into Kruger Mpumalanga and transfer to the Lodge for an additional transfer fee
• Departures depend on a minimum of 2 adults travelling together • The single price is not available when travelling alone (there must be a minimum of 2 people travelling with the single traveller) • A flight between Cape Town > Skukuza is required on Day 5 of this itinerary and can be quoted at the time of booking • You can fly into Kruger Mpumalanga and transfer to the Lodge for an additional transfer fee