Discoverers' Glacier Country
• Two days in Glacier Bay • Kayak, hike, and skiff in Glacier Bay • Park ranger joins you on board in Glacier Bay • Whale watching in Icy Strait, Frederick Sound, and Stephens Passage • Explore coves and fjords of Chichagof and Baranof Islands • View stunning glaciers and listen for the "white" thunder • Cathedral-walled Fords Terror Wilderness Area • Captain's Choice"”explore remote "not in the guidebook" places
Just the ticket - for your mind, body, and soul. Rivers of ice, beach combing and wilderness hikes, Glacier Bay, kayaking, and skiff exploration all share the stage. Uncover Alaska's special tonic.
Day 1: Juneau, Alaska - Embarkation Arriving in Juneau, you will be transferred from the airport to our hospitality area. Upon boarding, your crew greets you with champagne and smiles. Set sail for a week of scenic channels and secluded wilderness.
Day 2: Glacier Bay National Park Accompanied by a National Park Ranger, over the two days in the park you'll travel nearly 60 miles cruising up-bay to the tidewater glaciers of Grand Pacific and Margerie, which frequently calve huge icebergs into the bay. If conditions permit, we'll lower the inflatable and weave among the icebergs that have fallen from the face of the glaciers. Enjoy evenings at anchor in hidden coves, and mornings paddling your kayak in the quiet of this majestic wilderness. And what will we find? Here in the bay there are puffins and sea lions, mountain goats and bears, moose, eagles, and scenery more spectacular than any place on earth. Glacier Bay is at its best when explored by small groups over the course of two days to hike and kayak inside the bay and wilderness areas.
Day 3: Glacier Bay National Park Enjoy another exclusive day exploring the glaciers and wildlife of Glacier Bay National Park.
Day 4: Icy Strait Today's the ultimate day of exploration. Set your course for arguably the richest whale waters in Southeast Alaska. Keep watch for the telltale blow of the humpbacks as you scour the nutrient-rich waters in search of whales, porpoise, sea lions, and other wildlife. Join the Captain on the bridge or go on deck with your Expedition Leader. Late afternoon, we'll drop the skiffs and kayaks for closer inspection of the remote coastline with eyes set on shore for possible bear sightings. This evening, take in the solitude while relaxing in the upper deck hot tub or enjoy a nightcap with your fellow yachtmates in the salon.
Day 5: Chichagof Island > Baranof Island
With no binding agenda, today you'll cruise the waterfall coast of Chichagof Island. Marvel at the grand scenery of Alaska's wilderness as the crew expertly guides you through those "not in the guidebook" places known only to the locals. This evening, perhaps tucking away in a waterfall-laced fjord, there'll be time for skiffing, beachcombing or treks ashore, and kayaking to look for sea otters and bears before calling it a day near Baranof Island.
Day 6: Frederick Sound > Stephen's Passage Spend the day exploring in Frederick Sound and Stephen's Passage-another excellent chance to view humpback whales and other marine wildlife. Pass by Five Fingers Lighthouse and watch for playful antics at a large sea lions haulout made from dozens of rocky islets. Later, cruise picturesque bays, where evergreen forests crowd the shores.
Day 7: Ford's Terror> Endicott Arm Cliff-walled fjords sliced into the mountainous mainland are on tap today as you slowly slip into an area widely acclaimed as the most beautiful in Alaska. With more designated Wilderness Areas than any state in the nation, the finest include Endicott Arm and Fords Terror"”a pristine tidal inlet and fjord. Explore this majestic fjord by kayak or skiff, a unique opportunity indeed. View rugged ice-covered mountains gleaming high overhead and a glacier that actively calves into the ice-filled fjord of Endicott Arm. Toast your voyage with a festive Farewell Dinner, and before turning in, your Expedition Leaders will share a "photo journal" of your trip together.
Day 8: Juneau - Disembark Gather for breakfast before returning to historic Juneau. Transfer to the Juneau airport.
Due to the nature of our explorations, itineraries are guidelines and will change in order to maximize wildlife and natural encounters. Variations in itinerary and the order of days may occur.
Adventure Cruising Expect days of play and relaxation"”wildlife in its natural habitat; genuine exchanges with locals; wilderness hiking, kayaking, paddle boarding, or snorkeling; exploration by expedition vessel or boutique yacht, and even by skiff. Rain or shine!
Wilderness Adventurer The Wilderness Adventurer's interior complements the wild places it sails through and both public and private spaces are amenity-full. The main lounge evokes the feel of a wilderness lodge or neighborhood pub, with a long bar made from reclaimed Alaskan yellow cedar. Three accessible decks are ideal for keeping watch for wildlife and taking in the outdoors. The sun deck features roomy space for lounging and the observation deck offers over-the-top viewing from the bow.
• Exclusive activities and shore excursions, presentations • Entry fees to national parks, preserves, and monuments • Narration and expertise from expedition and heritage guides. • Meet, greet services, transfers and baggage handling (between airport/vessel on embark/disembark days) • Onboard meals • Spirits, wine and microbrews • Non-alcoholic beverages • Wellness amenities: hot tub, fitness equipment, and yoga mats
Pricing (per person) $USD
Departs 2017 Departures
May 6, 13, 20, 27
Jun 3, 10, 17, 24
Jul 1(Holiday theme), 8, 15, 22, 29
Aug 5, 12, 19, 26
Sep 2, 9, 16, 23
Booking conditions • Prices are per person in US Dollars, double/twin occupancy. Ask your travel agent or World Journeys for single, triple cabin prices.
• Please contact World Journeys for the updated USD exchange rate.
• Prices are per person in US Dollars, double/twin occupancy. Ask your travel agent or World Journeys for single, triple cabin prices. • Please contact World Journeys for the updated USD exchange rate.
Not included • Port taxes, fees
• Gratuities to your vessel cruise
• Airfare to and from your home city
• Optional travel insurance
• Port taxes, fees • Gratuities to your vessel cruise • Airfare to and from your home city • Optional travel insurance
Gratuity • Our recommendations for gratuities is USD 25.00 to USD 35.00 per person per day.
• Our recommendations for gratuities is USD 25.00 to USD 35.00 per person per day.