Grizzly Bears of Knight Inlet Lodge
Knights Inlet is a 100 km long fjord carved by glaciers in the coastal mountains. This pristine wilderness is the native habitat of the Grizzly Bear. Every spring when the bears come out of hibernation, they can be seen from a boat on the banks of Glendale Cove eating sedge grasses, mussels and barnacles that abound in the cove.
Situated 60 kilometres from the mouth of the inlet is Knight Inlet Lodge. The floating lodge is tucked into Glendale Cove, which offers one of the few protected anchorages in the inlet, and it is here that you will begin each day's adventure.
The lodge is an assortment of 5 modern cement floats containing 18 guest rooms, a dining room, a lounge, an interpretive centre and support buildings. Most of the rooms have two queen beds with a private bathroom. With the addition of a cot they can accommodate four in some of the rooms. Most of the guest buildings have lounges with wood burning stoves in them, for relaxing in the evening or on a cool day.
Day 1: Vancouver > Campbell River This morning make your own way to the Vancouver South Terminal to depart on your scheduled flight to Campbell River. Upon arrival into Campbell River you will be met and transferred to your accommodation. The remainder of the day is at leisure to explore Campbell River on your own.
Overnight: Comfort Inn & Suites
Day 2: Campbell River > Knight Inlet Lodge
This morning you will be transferred to the Vancouver Island Air Float Plane Dock
Depart Campbell River at 9:30 am Arrive Glendale Cove at 10:00 am
Please note the following baggage allowance for Vancouver Island Air Float Planes. 14kg (30lbs) per person plus a small carry on. Any excess baggage could be subject to a service charge or a later arrival if space is limited. For couples 2 smaller individual bags are better than 1 large bag.
Upon arrival you will receive a welcome orientation for wildlife viewing. Enjoy a bear viewing tour with an interpretive guide.
Overnight at the Knights Inlet Lodge
Day 3: Knight Inlet Lodge
Spend the full day Grizzly Bear Viewing and Wildlife viewing or one of the other activities offered by the lodge.
Overnight at the Knights Inlet Lodge
Day 4: Knight Inlet Lodge > Campbell River > Vancouver
Leaving the lodge this morning transfer by float plane to Campbell River
Depart Glendale Cove between 10:15 am to 11:00 am Arrive Campbell River between 10:45 am to 11:15 am
Upon arrival into Campbell River you will be transferred to the Campbell River airport for your return flight to Vancouver. Arriving at the South Terminal.
• Independent tour with local guides • Return flights Vancouver > Campbell River • Return floatplane Campbell River > Knight Inlet Lodge • 1 night at Campbell River • 2 nights at Knight Inlet Lodge • Transfers & Transportation • Sightseeing & Entrance Fees • All Meals and snacks whilst at the lodge, house wine with dinner • Bear viewing • Wildlife tracking • Bald eagle & bird life excursions • Use of kayaks • Rain gear if required
Pricing (per person) $AUD
Departs 2017 Daily
29 May - 14 Oct
2017 Daily 29 May - 14 Oct
Booking conditions • Deposit of $750 per person required
• Check in baggage allowance is limited to 30lbs (14kgs) per passenger, plus a small carry-on
• Child age 08 to 16 years (sharing with 2 adults)
• Various duration's of tours 3 Days/2 nights and 5 Days/4 nights available. Ask your travel agent or World Journeys for details.
• Deposit of $750 per person required • Check in baggage allowance is limited to 30lbs (14kgs) per passenger, plus a small carry-on • Child age 08 to 16 years (sharing with 2 adults) • Various duration's of tours 3 Days/2 nights and 5 Days/4 nights available. Ask your travel agent or World Journeys for details.
Not included • Gratuity for staff
• Gratuity for staff
Gratuity • Suggested gratuities of CDN$20 per day per guest are not included
• Suggested gratuities of CDN$20 per day per guest are not included